Sunday, May 31, 2009

When it rains, it pours.

Last week one night, there was a very loud, violent thunderstorm. The thunderclaps kept waking me up, and when I got up in the morning, I saw that some of the water had seeped into the house. Apparently there was a river downstairs, but the maid cleaned it up before I came down. Even my bedroom on the second floor had some pools of water on one side, which was very strange to see. That was the first time I'd seen flooding in my house in Vietnam, luckily.

Nothing else to report. The evenings/nights can get pretty lonely here when my friends are busy, and since it's early morning in America, I have no one to talk to. It doesn't help that the sun goes down at 6pm all year round, either.

1 comment:

SaigonNezumi(Kevin) said...

The rain caused havoc all over the city. My house leaks now which is why I plan to leave in a little over one month. My room is fine though.

I miss the days of downpours 4-5 years ago that did not leave the streets flooded...