Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dam Sen Park

No news to report, but sometimes people just like to see that I'm still alive. It has been uneventful, and I suppose that a lot of classes are finishing for the summer, so teachers have to find work at summer school programs. It may be difficult for me since I'm leaving in July, but I'm really hoping to get some classes to teach. After the hassle of working here as a teacher, I'm definitely going to appreciate having a full-time, reliable job in the future. I've had enough of not knowing what my schedule will be like next week, of frequent last-minute changes, of getting called in the morning to teach somewhere later in the day. I guess that some people have been able to find more stable jobs, but nothing is set in stone, and it seems like only after you've been around for awhile at schools do you start getting preference.

Anyway... last weekend I went to Dam Sen Park with Uyen and a couple other people. The place is a very big amusement park with gardens and interesting landscaping and a huge lake in the middle. Unfortunately it was pouring rain the day we went. But we still made the most of it, walking around and taking pictures. The rain eventually let up so it turned out alright. They had little pagodas and bridges which looked just like they were from a distant, idealized past. They had an Egyptian-looking temple that maybe had some sort of attraction inside for kids. They had lots of bumper cars and bumper boats and some animals to see. It seemed like a popular place for kids but also young couples in love.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!





2 comments:

SaigonNezumi (Kevin) said...

Lucky you, you are "allowed" to wear your Hawaiian-style shirts. I had to give mine up a couple months ago. A certain somebody only allows me to wear polo shirts as casual wear :-)

Petros said...

Haha why? I didn't have any Hawaiian shirts here for awhile, but I just got this as a birthday present from my maid.