Monday, February 23, 2009

The Hotness

It's been noticeably hotter here in the past couple weeks. I was talking to my students about it and I guess this is the sunny/hot side of the dry season. While it was a little cooler in December and January, it gets much hotter with a strong sun in February. Maybe the temperature itself isn't higher but the constant presence of the sun just makes it seem much worse. I checked the weather a couple days ago and it was 95 degrees, but felt like 102. So if you're freezing in America, you can picture yourself here. I would gladly trade places for a day, though. After driving to work through insane traffic, and trying to calm down a class of active kids in a non-airconditioned room, I'm awash in sweat. I taught my kids about weather today, and I said that today is hot and sunny. One of the kids said "yes, but I'm cold and rainy." I don't know why he called himself rainy. Maybe there's a euphemism I'm missing.

That's all I wanted to say. I've been very busy and tired lately, but I promise to make a longer post with more news soon.

No comments: